DO I NEED A VACCINATION CERTIFICATE?
Museums are not covered by the new guidelines for requirements for vaccination certificates introduced on 1 Dec, which apply only to general gatherings and public events. For open events with over 100 participants in our programme activities, we will apply vaccination checks.
We follow the recommendations and restrictions of the authorities and the Public Health Agency’s general advice against the spread of infection. Starting December 23rd, following measures are taken:
- Pre-booked ticket is required. Buy your ticket here.
- We use a slot system for ticket bookings to spread out our guests, with a limit of 35 people per slot.
- Tickets have a time limit (90 minutes in the exhibitions).
- We adjust the seating in the restaurant in accordance with government restrictions.
- We have signs to remind guests to keep distance, and to inform about maximum number of people per room.
- We place out and make hand sanitizer available everywhere in the house.
- We offer face masks for sale.
- We increase and intensify the cleaning frequency throughout the house.
TICKETS & PRICES
To smooth out the flow in the building, we have introduced different ticket prices for different days. For example, it is cheaper to visit us on a Monday than a Saturday. Ticket prices vary depending on the day & time. Choose your day and time below in our ticket sales so that you can see the different entrance prices.
Please note that bought tickets are not refundable. If you have questions regarding ticket booking, please contact our guest service, see contact info below.
BEFORE YOUR VISIT
CHILDREN, STUDENTS AND PENSIONERS
Free admission for children up to and including 7 and reduced price for students and pensioners. Book your visit and be ready to show valid identification at the entrance. For children 8 years and above, please book tickets marked “student”.
+46 (0) 8-50 900 500
First log in with your username and password (log in here) and you can then book your visit at no charge on this page.
Due to the latest recommendations and restrictions of the authorities and the Public Health Agency, we do not offer any guided tours from December 23 until further notice. We will update the information here as soon as we can offer tours again.
How to find us
Fotografiska is located in Stora Tullhuset at Stadsgårdshamnen 22 in Stockholm. Getting here is pretty easy. If you can find your way to Slussen, you will find us. During the renovation of Slussen it may not be as straight forward as usual, but just follow our signs and take a nice walk along the quayside.
(NB: The Söderberg steps are no longer there, so it is no longer possible to get down to Fotografiska via Katarinagatan. If you are coming from this side of town, it is easiest to follow Katarinagatan down to Slussen or take Folkungagatan and walk along Stadsgårdsleden.
BY LOCAL PUBLIC TRANSPORT OR ON FOOT
Both the Red and Green Lines stop at Slussen and there are many buses stopping at Södermalmstorg. From there you make your way towards the bus terminal and across the bridge towards the water. Then a pleasant 500-metre walk beside the water.
Getting here by car is easy, but the number of parking spaces outside our entrance is limited, i.e. between the main entrance and what used to be the Birka Terminal. But you can also find parking spaces behind us, next to the Viking Line terminal.
There are good cycle paths that lead directly to us from both southern and eastern Stockholm. We have plenty of cycle racks right outside the entrance.
With us, inclusion is something that permeates everything. We want to contribute to a great experience for everyone. Everything from warmly welcoming push chairs, and of course having wheelchair ramps, to arranging much-appreciated guided tours. Photography requires no understanding, everyone can be touched by an image, which is a big part of its inclusive charm and fascination. A committed guide’s narration can enrich the visit even more and add further intriguing dimensions.
- A slightly steeper ramp for push chairs is built into the staircase outside our main entrance.Beside the long side of the building facing the water there is a ramp for people with functional variation.
- In our two stairwells, the lifts go to every floor.
- Toilets for disabled persons and with changing tables are available on level -1 as well as by the café on level 2.
- Storage lockers can be found on level -1.
- On level -1 there is parking for push chairs. It is also possible to take push chairs into the exhibitions.
- A few car parking spaces with parking charges are available in front of the entrance and behind the building.
- Parking for disabled persons is available
- Unfortunately, we need to limit our inclusion and not allow dogs as other visitors may be allergic. However, for those in need of a guide or assistance dog, you are obviously allowed to bring in your four-legged friend.
Frequently asked questions
WHAT ARE YOUR OPENING HOURS?
We work hard to always inspire and include everyone who wants to visit us. That’s why we look to be the world’s most open museum, with opening hours stretching much further than most others. You can visit us seven days a week, from early morning to late evening (Monday – Sunday, 10.00 am – 11.00 pm). So don’t worry about what kind of lifestyle you have or what hours you live by, you will always have the opportunity to visit us! Book your ticket here!
I WANT TO BUY A MEMBERSHIP. WHAT DOES IT COST AND HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT?
WHERE CAN I USE YOUR GIFT CARDS?
Gift cards can be purchased in our shop and also here online. Gift cards can be used to buy entrance tickets here at the museum, in our shop, in our restaurant and in our bistro. Welcome!
I HAVE A FREE TICKET (PHYSICAL FREE TICKET/STOCKHOLM PASS/ATTENDANT HELPER ETC.) AND WONDER HOW TO BOOK MY VISIT?
If you have a free ticket, please contact our customer service on firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-book your visit. We currently do not offer drop-in tickets. Please reach out if you have any questions.
HOW DO I BOOK PRIVATE EVENTS FOR LARGER PARTIES?
Are you having a commemorative dinner, a big party or reunion? Contact email@example.com and we’ll help you create memories for life!
ARE THERE STORAGE LOCKERS?
Spacious lockers are available on site and are free to use. The lockers have code locks and you choose for yourself which code you want to use. The lockers can hold a medium sized case as well as any outer clothing.
WHAT IS YOUR ORGANISATION NUMBER?
Fotografiska Stockholm AB,
Organisation number: 556812-8176
DO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR US?
It’s great that you are interested in Fotografiska! On our careers page you will find all available positions and can read more about Fotografiska as a workplace.